Dealing With Anger Bible Study – June Hunt Hope For The Heart Series
by June Hunt
We all have times of anger, disappointment, and frustration. But, it is how you respond to the anger that matters most. Should you cover it up? Suppress it? Let it go? Based on June Hunt’s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series, this 6-week Bible study (1st in the series) shows how to keep your anger under control by knowing your personal triggers. Featuring practical tips, scriptures, and counseling insight, this Bible study will navigate you through key stories of the Bible, pulling out nuggets of wisdom on how to resolve your anger, release it to God, and experience God’s peace.
We all have times of anger, disappointment, and frustration. But it is how you respond to the anger that matters most. Should you cover it up? Suppress it? Let it go?
Find peace and refreshment in God’s Word with this six-week study on managing anger by June Hunt. Packed with practical tips, realistic advice, and discussion questions, the 6-week Dealing With Anger Bible study invites you to dive deeper into the Bible and shows you how to apply its truth to your life. Discover:
- 4 Ways to Misuse Anger (and How to Stop)
- 8 Steps to Release Your Anger Now
- God’s 9 Purposes for Anger
- 8 Prayers to Resolve Your Anger and more!
Unlike other Bible studies on these topics, these studies use larger print, charts, bulleted list and an easy-to-scan format, along with discussion questions and life applications for each week.
112 pages. 6″x9″ Paperback. Perfect for small groups, Bible study, and individual use.
Based on June Hunt’s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series, this 6-week Bible study (1st in the series) shows how to keep your anger under control by knowing your personal triggers and applying the Word of God. Featuring practical tips, Scriptures, and counseling insight, this Bible study will navigate you through key stories of the Bible, pulling out nuggets of wisdom on how to resolve your anger, release it to God, and experience God’s peace.
3 Key Features of the Dealing With Anger Hope for the Heart Bible Study
- Digs into Scripture: Find out what the Bible says about anger, the purposes and signs of anger, and more.
- Interactive and Practical: Based on the bestselling Hope for the Heart series (over 1 million copies sold), this trusted study includes reflection questions, journaling, study guide, quizzes, and practical steps you can take each day.
- Relevant and Relatable: It shares real stories and answers tough questions, such as: How do if I know I’m still harboring resentment? Don’t I have the “right” to be angry?”
- Anyone Can Lead It! Easy-to-follow leader tips, preparation guides, and step-by-step instructions will give you the confidence to take a disciple or an entire group through the study!
Simple Biblical Foundations for Practical Solutions
Unlike other group studies available, this Hope for the Heart Bible study is laid out in an easy-to-follow format with key principles straight from the Word of God. Relevant Scriptures are outlined and formatted to clearly give you a step-by-step roadmap to help you understand and manage your anger in godly ways, all while equipping you to lead others on the path to freedom!
- Summarizes Causes, Definitions, Characteristics, and Solutions
- Provides Clear Outlines, Key Points, and Scripture References
- Includes Reflection Questions and Space for Journaling
Return to Top
Easy-to-Understand Anger Management Bible Study that Anyone Can Lead
Lead with ease using the step-by-step leader tips that help you set expectations, plan studies, facilitate participation, set time limits, and meet your goals. Each of the study’s sections is clearly written and packed with simple explanations and definitions. Small pointers like thanking your group members for attending, respecting confidentiality, and setting aside time for prayer will make your small group a safe and nurturing place to grow and learn with even the most difficult topics.
Enjoy Having Bible-Based Advice and Practical Steps to Control Your Anger
You know anger is hurting your life and the relationships around you, but you don’t know how to fix it… But when you understand why you get angry and what makes you angry, you can take control back and overcome the helplessness. With June Hunt’s Hope for the Heart Bible Study, get equipped with the practical tools and Scriptures to break free from bonds of anger and experience the peace and joy God intends for you!
- The Meaning of Anger describes anger with Scriptures and Bible stories to give you deeper understanding
- The 4 Ways NOT to Manage Your Anger learn the difference between good and bad anger; plus Scriptures to help you avoid misusing anger
- 4 powerful Scriptures that demonstrate anger in the Bible, from Jesus’ just anger to the anger of the Pharisees that persecuted the apostles
- Act or React Quiz to help you assess whether you respond to anger well or inappropriately
- Anger Cues Checklist with 16 signs of anger to help you identify and manage your personal anger cues
- 24 Symptoms of Unresolved Anger including anxiety, loss of faith, insomnia, overeating, and more
- The 4 Sources of Anger (with biblical examples)
- Unrealistic Expectations and why they are a snare for anger
- Is the “right” to be angry biblical or ungodly?
- 2 Question Sets to help you analyze and address your anger habits
- 8 Steps to Resolve Past Anger, each with prayers to help you let go
- God’s 9 Purposes for Anger and 8 Steps to Manage Your Anger in the Moment
1. Definitions of Anger
The Definitions section guides you into the topic by laying the foundation for a broad understanding from a biblical and relatable standpoint. Includes—
2. Characteristics of Anger
The Characteristics section spotlights various aspects that are often associated with anger, giving a deeper understanding to the topic.
3. Causes of Anger
The Causes section identifies the physical, emotional, and spiritual sources of anger.
4. Biblical Steps to Solution (Parts 1-3)
The Steps to Solution sections provide action plans designed to help you—and help you help others—learn to deal with anger from a Scriptural point of view.
Each of the 4 sections is packed with reflection questions and space for note-taking to help you apply biblical concepts to your personal life and so you can start experiencing God’s transformation today!
Return to Top
The Hope for the Heart Bible Studies are perfect for—
- Small group & Bible studies
- Sunday school
- Young adult and youth ministry
- Anger management classes
- Addiction & recovery programs
- Church giveaways
- and much more
Return to Top
ABOUT THE HOPE FOR THE HEART BIBLE STUDY SERIES
The “Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series” covers many day-to-day
problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6
sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life
application and discussion questions.
June Hunt is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program “Hope for the Heart” is heard on nearly 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 30 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today’s problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God’s love through biblical hope and practical advice.
–Kay Arthur, Co-founder of Precept Ministries International and Bestselling Author
Return to Top
|Size||6" (W) x 9" (H) x 0.5" (D)|