Choosing Forgiveness Bible Study – June Hunt Hope For The Heart Series
by June Hunt
Forgiveness isn’t always easy, but it’s always an available choice. Dive into biblical principles and encouragement to find the freedom to let go of the offense. Based on June Hunt’s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series, this 6-week Bible study (2nd in the series) features insight into God’s heart for forgiveness. Learn all forms of forgiveness and the difference between forgiveness and reconciliation. Forgiveness isn't based on a feeling, but rather on the fact that God calls us to forgive.
You know that as a believer you are called to forgive—but how? How can you truly forgive someone who hurt you? What does “letting it go” actually look like? What if they don’t even seem sorry?
Find refreshment in God’s Word with this six-week study on forgiveness by Rose Publishing. Packed with practical tips, realistic advice, and discussion questions, the 6-week Choosing Forgiveness Bible study invites you to dive deeper into the Bible and shows you how to apply its truth to your life. Discover:
- 9 Signs of a Forgiving Heart
- 11 Barriers to Forgiveness
- 4 Bible Truths to Set You Free
- 8 Steps to Reconciliation and more!
Unlike other Bible studies on these topics, these studies use larger print, charts, bulleted list and an easy-to-scan format, along with discussion questions and life applications for each week.
112 pages. 6″x9″ Paperback. Perfect for small groups, Bible study, and individual use.
Based on June Hunt’s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (which has sold over 1 million copies), this 6-week Bible study dives straight into Scripture and shows how to foster a heart of forgiveness and how to let go of the bitterness, resentment, and hurt that can so easily ensnare. Featuring practical tips, Scripture, and counseling insight, this Bible study will navigate you through key stories of the Bible, as well as the inspiring story of Corrie Ten Boon, pulling out nuggets of wisdom that will help you forgive and move forward. Click to get inspired by real life testimonies!
3 Key Features of the Choosing Forgiveness Hope for the Heart Bible Study
- Digs into Scripture: Find out what the Bible says about forgiveness, reconciliation, characteristics of un-forgiveness, and more.
- Interactive and Practical: Based on the bestselling Hope for the Heart series (over 1 million copies sold), this trusted study includes reflection questions, journaling, study guide, quizzes, and practical steps you can take each day.
- Relevant and Relatable: It shares real stories and answers tough questions, such as: How do if I know I’m still harboring resentment? Is forgiving someone letting them “off the hook?”
- Anyone Can Lead It! Easy-to-follow leader tips, preparation guides, and step-by-step instructions will give you the confidence to take a disciple or an entire group through the study!
Simple Biblical Foundations for Practical Solutions
Unlike other group studies available, this Hope for the Heart Bible study is laid out in an easy-to-follow format with key principles straight from the Word of God. Relevant Scriptures are outlined and formatted to clearly give you a step-by-step roadmap to help you understand and overcome unforgiveness, all while equipping you to lead others on the path to freedom!
- Summarizes Causes, Definitions, Characteristics, and Solutions
- Provides Clear Outlines, Key Points, and Scripture References
- Includes Reflection Questions and Space for Journaling
Return to Top
Easy-to-Understand Forgiveness Bible Study that Anyone Can Lead
Lead with ease using the step-by-step leader tips that help you set expectations, plan studies, facilitate participation, set time limits, and meet your goals. Each of the study’s sections is clearly written and packed with simple explanations and definitions. Small pointers like thanking your group members for attending, respecting confidentiality, and setting aside time for prayer will make your small group a safe and nurturing place to grow and learn with even the most difficult topics.
Enjoy Having Bible-Based Advice on Forgiveness and Practical Steps
How could they do this? Why would they treat me this way? During your life, you will encounter the need to give or receive forgiveness. But when wounds run deep, forgiveness can seem impossible. With June Hunt’s Hope for the Heart Bible Study, get equipped with the practical tools and Scriptures to break free from unforgiveness and experience the peace and joy God intends for you!
- The story of Holocaust-survivor Corrie Ten Boom that puts forgiveness into a sensitive & relatable context
- Concise definitions on what forgiveness is… plus 15 things forgiveness is NOT (based on fairness, an option, enabling bad behavior, etc.)
- The 5 differences between forgiveness and reconciliation
- 4 powerful Scriptures on divine forgiveness to help you in times of need
- 9 Signs of an Unforgiving Heart (with Scriptures!)
- 9 Signs of a Forgiving Heart (with Scriptures!)
- 11 reasons why forgiveness is so difficult (with Scriptures!)
- The Root Cause of unforgiveness & where unforgiveness comes from
- Foundations of Forgiveness and 4 biblical truths to help anyone forgive
- 9 Reasons to Forgive
- Four Stages of Forgiveness & 9 prayers to help you let go
- 8 Practical Steps Toward Reconciliation and how to forgive again
1. Definitions of Forgiveness
The Definitions section guides you into the topic by laying the foundation for a broad understanding from a biblical and relatable standpoint. Includes—
2. Characteristics of Forgiveness
The Characteristics section spotlights various aspects that are often associated with forgiveness and unforgiveness, giving a deeper understanding to the topic.
3. Causes of Unforgiveness
The Causes section identifies the physical, emotional, and spiritual sources of unforgiveness.
4. Biblical Steps to Solution (Parts 1-3)
The Steps to Solution sections provide action plans designed to help you—and help you help others—learn to forgive from a Scriptural point of view.
Each of the 4 sections is packed with reflection questions and space for note-taking to help you apply biblical concepts to your personal life and so you can start experiencing God’s transformation today!
Return to Top
The Hope for the Heart Bible Studies are perfect for—
- Small group & Bible studies
- Sunday school
- Young adult and youth ministry
- Single parents groups
- Addiction & recovery programs
- Church giveaways
- and much more
Return to Top
What Others are Saying About the Study
Return to Top
ABOUT THE HOPE FOR THE HEART BIBLE STUDY SERIES
The “Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series” covers many day-to-day
problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6
sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life
application and discussion questions.
June Hunt is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program “Hope for the Heart” is heard on nearly 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 30 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today’s problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God’s love through biblical hope and practical advice.
–Kay Arthur, Co-founder of Precept Ministries International and Bestselling Author
Return to Top
|Size||6" (W) x 9" (H) x 0.5" (D)|